Glagoslav Publications accepts submissions of manuscripts in the English language from authors and translators, in the Dutch language from authors and translators, and agented submissions in English and Dutch.
Before sending us the synopsis of your manuscript and your query letter, please take time to study our current publication list and our objectives.
We are generally interested in works of fiction (classic and contemporary) and non-fiction on subjects related to Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
The content we seek will focus on highlighting the rich history and cultural heritage of the Slavic world, and we will consider manuscripts that correspond in theme with this objective. We will also apply scrutiny to the literary quality of all manuscripts that come to our attention.
All submissions must be delivered by email to contact(at)glagoslav.com and k.papazova(at)glagoslav.com.
The title of the work should be mentioned in the subject line of the email together with the author’s name.
All submissions must comply with the following guidelines:
- Synopsis and query letters are submitted in MS Word file only;
- Font type: Times New Roman, font size: 12, text should be double spaced;
- Synopsis must be no less than 500 words, no more than 5000 words;
- Author’s bio included in a separate MS Word file or PDF document, including awards and literary recognitions for the submitted work or other works;
- Translator’s resume included in a separate MS Word file or PDF document (if submission concerns a translation work);
- For translated works, include the original title of the work and its publication history in the synopsis or the body of the email;
- If the initial query is cleared and the manuscript is requested, it should be submitted in MS Word file, with font type Times New Roman, font size 12 and double spaced, text only (no images to go with the text).
Due to the specifics of our market, we ask that all manuscripts intended for submission are edited according to The Chicago Manual of Style.
Please note that we will take up to four working weeks to review the submission and respond to the sender.