Regional Sales Managers for UK, Canada/USA, Australia/New Zealand
We are looking for a young sales talent with affinity for books and knowledge of the book market, and interest in promoting Slavic literature to the Western audience.
Glagoslav Publications Ltd. was established in the UK and The Netherlands in 2011. We are now working on publications of titles in print and e-book formats, covering such Slavic countries (Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus) related areas as literature, language, business, design, lifestyle, nature, history and culture.
- Develop and execute sales strategies;
- Identify new customers such as bookstores, libraries, museums etc and maintain sales relationships with them, assisting and providing purchase solutions;
- Establish and develop territorial revenue and report on monthly performance;
- Conduct sales calls, meetings with potential customers, establishing long-lasting relationships with customers;
- Monitor sales activities and identify strategies for growth;
- Collaborate with the marketing team on producing catalogues, brochures, flyers, sales presentations and newsletters by providing insights to ensure that all outgoing material is in alignment with company’s sales strategy;
- Develop product promotions and product positioning strategies in collaboration with marketing department;
- Communicate product information to customers in the most effective way;
- Identify growth opportunities and trends in book industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, economics or related;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Marketing and Sales, preferably in publishing;
- Experience in planning and executing sales;
- Ability to set reasonable monthly sales objectives;
- Willingness to learn and acquire in-depth understanding of the titles produced by the publishing house;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Flexibility, ability to work within an international team;
- Strong interest in Slavic culture and passion for literature would be highly appreciated.
In the event this position is of interest to you and you possess the required qualifications and experience, please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of Mr. Maxim Hodak at m.hodak(at)glagoslav(dot)com.
Publicity & Marketing Manager
We are looking for a publicity and marketing manager who can join our professional team and work on creating a unique media project. This is a great opportunity to get involved with a newly established press of fiction and nonfiction specialised in publishing translations into English of titles from Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
- Upload press releases, reviews, author bios, etc. to website(s);
- Maintain correspondence with print, online, TV, radio editors and journalists to develop publicity opportunities;
- Create and update publicity database;
- Conduct publicity/review copy mailings and email blasts;
- Write and edit press releases, pitches to media, ad copy and related materials;
- Maintain and grow publisher's presence on Twitter, Facebook and other viral social media platforms;
- Help put together our e-newsletter;
- Help organize events for our authors.
- University or HBO (College) degree;
- Experience in publishing industry;
- Coursework or experience in marketing/communications/PR would be helpful;
- Initiative, creativity and attention to detail;
- Good computer skills including Excel, Filemaker Pro, Word, Photoshop and familiarity with Internet marketing are a plus;
- Experience with or interest in Eastern Europe and knowledge of Russian language or culture is a plus.
In the event this position is of interest to you and you possess the required qualifications and experience, please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of Mr. Max Mendor at m.mendor(at)glagoslav.com
Literary Translators, Editors and Proofreaders
Glagoslav Publications Ltd. is looking to make acquaintance with freelance professional literary translators, proofreaders and editors which will be able to translate and perfectionalize our publications in the following language pairs:
Russian – English
Ukrainian – English
Belorussian – English
Russian – Dutch
Ukrainian – Dutch
Belorussian – Dutch
We are seeking for English and Dutch native above mentioned professionals, which have proven extensive experience in working with literary texts on an extremely high level. Only persons who possess such credentials are requested to apply. Glagoslav Publications does not work with translation agencies and brokers.
In the event this position is of interest to you and you possess the required qualifications and experience, please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of Mr. Maxim Hodak at m.hodak(at)glagoslav.com